twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

6 July 2014

Benefit Beauty Buys

Hi dolls, Hope your all having an awesome weekend!

I must confess to you all, I'm a sucker for Benefit's make up gift sets. I think they are such a great way to try a few products at the same time without breaking the bank, plus inside they have some tips & tricks cards that can really help you get the most out of the product if you don't have time to visit a Benefit counter. The two boxes I purchased this month are Bronze of champions Primping with the stars and here is my verdict on some of the products from the sets.

First up, here are some of the primers.


My pores literally disappeared once I applied the POREfessional balm, it has a velvety texture that sets to a matte finish. I can't say I have noticed my foundation lasts any longer with this product than other primers, but I would definitely purchase this again. Plus, it smells amazing.




This is the only eye primer that has pulled me away from my usual UDPP. I have already bought the full size as I was so impressed with it's ability to conceal dark circles as well as prime my lids.


This didn't come in one of the sets, but I got it as a freebie sample from Debenhams when I purchased them. I haven't tried this yet, but if the other primers are anything to go by it should be fab.

Next up, the shimmer...



In my opinion Watts up was the better highlighter in both sets (compared to girl meets pearl), when blended along the cheekbones it gives a subtle sheer finish and it's champagne colour is perfect on tanned skin.

Then the mascaras...



I love the length this mascara gives, but I find that it does smudge on my under eye, even when I don't put the product on my bottom lashes.



I like the volume this mascara gives, If I am after a particularly dramatic look, I use this as a base, then 'they're real' over the top and then BAM! Thicker & longer lashes.



I bought this separately, I'm sure you have seen reviews on it before. Basically, I would never be without it! It fills and shapes my brows, leaving a more natural finish compared to most pencils & gels.

Now, my least favourite product from the sets...



So this is Benefits liquid compact that they have dubbed as the foundation faker. It feels so soft and creamy going on the skin then it turns into a powdery / chalky finish. I must admit, this also gave minimal coverage and I'm a girl that likes a blank canvas to build on from a foundation.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Twinkles

2 comments:

  1. The Benefit highlighter is absolutely beautiful and the "They are real" mascara is one of my favorites. Great buys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, Benefit is one of my favourite brands at the moment, so much choice :)

      Delete

blogger template